MOKSACVPR Board Meeting
August 18, 2020
- Carolyn Beard, Amy Choitz, , Tedd Walsh, Tricia Walsh , Sonny McNeilis, Cassandra Strafford, Sharon Little-Stotzel, and Sandy Abbott
- Tiffanie Holman
Meeting called to order at 0700 by Carolyn Beard
July minutes sent via email—approved unanimously
- AACVPR Communication: Considerations for the reimbursement on Non-center Based Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab services during the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency. Sonny reported sending several letters to congressional representatives and encouraging staff to do the same. Rep. Jason Smith from the MO Boot heel area is on board; supports rural health. Cassandra sent out communication about this. Tricia commented that AACVPR warned to proceed with caution if you are adding a new rehab outside of the hospital ground.
- Annual AACVPR National meeting registration is open.
- Treasurer’s Report–Tricia Walsh
- Financial Report:
- was sent via email
- Routine monthly transactions only
- Liability insurance will be coming out
- Received a COVID-19 credit for past few months for bank charge for not keeping deposit at a certain level.
- Tricia offered if anyone would like the chance to review the books, please ask.
- Education—Tedd Walsh / Sandy Abbott
- Welcome letters to the 2 new applicants for Education Committee—Seth Donaldson and Stephanie Gerlach
- No August meeting this month; will meet in September and will be the first Tuesday of the month. Sept. 1, 2020
- Standards and Issues—Sonny McNeilis / Debbie Dorshorst
- Write letters to congressmen for support of bill (to keep reimbursement the same for new outlying CR clinics)
- See Sonny’s report above.
- Communications—Cassandra Stafford
- Encourage members to write letter (as stated above)
- Updated Constant Contact
- Will send a communication about open registration for the National Conference.
- Certification—Carolyn Beard
- Remediation ongoing, reported the 2020 certification numbers.
- Reminded everyone that if you disagree with a review, never hesitate to ask questions.
Board meeting: Sept.15, 2020 at 7am
Education meeting: Sept. 1, 2020 at 7am
Minutes submitted by Carolyn Beard