MOKSACVPR Board Meeting
August 13, 2019
- Sandy Abbott, Carolyn Beard, Amy Choitz, Leann Dickson, Tiffanie Holman, Loretta Thomas, Tedd Walsh, Tricia Walsh
Meeting called to order at 0700 by Tedd Walsh
July 2019 meeting minutes will be sent via email for approval
- Date conflict—Board agreed to change date if Graceland available. Will look at 5/1-2 and follow up via email.
- Tricia will contact Graceland to see if facility is available on May 1 & 2—Update: Graceland is available 5/1/20-5/2/10 for Spring Conference. Received 7 “yay” votes and 0 “nay” votes for date change. Board will move forward with new Save the Dates and date change communication.
- Web blasts, new Save the Dates, Facebook, and Instagram will be utilized for date change and updates
- Loretta mentioned offering to hire the maintenance / janitorial crew from Graceland to work with us to avoid possibility of interrupting their normal routine.
- Treasurer’s Report–Tricia Walsh
- AACVPR National Conference
- Board voted unanimously to sponsor Snizhana at $500
- Board voted unanimously to sponsor preferred seating for MOKS at $500
- AACVPR National Conference
- Financial Report:
- Leadership conference costs coming in. Appears to be approximately $400 under budget.
- Member of the Year memberships for Tricia and Carolyn
- Bank reports: Savings-$14,011.83 Checking–$16,827.56
- Working budget:
- Sent via email
- Education –Tricia Walsh
- Meeting held 8/12/19
- Dawnie looking into Grandma’s Catering for food option
- Vendors—proposed pricing change of Gold $700, Platinum $1200, and limiting Platinum vendors to 4. Passed by unanimous vote.
- Idea to add incentive of 5-min presentation Saturday to 1st (2) platinum vendors registered and 5-min presentation Friday night to 2nd (2) platinum vendors registered.
- Meeting held 8/12/19
- Communications—Loretta Thomas / Tedd Walsh
- Web blast for speakers
- Website – Amy Choitz
- Award winners have been updated
- 2020 Conference Save the Dates will be added when date known
- Standards & Issues – Leann Dickson / Debbie Dorshorst
- Tedd and Tricia have applied for AHA Cure on the Hill
- MAC meeting overview:
- NPP bill: There is a US House bill for the NPP bill-HR 3911. Work continues on a Senate companion bill introduction. This bill will allow NPPs to independently order CR/PR services. It will also allow NPPs to serve in the capacity of “immediately available”. The hope is that this bill is attached to whatever “Medicare fix package” passes in this fall’s Congressional session. There is no date of effectiveness at this point, CBO has not yet scored the bill, and it remains TBD how the proposed CMS 2020 OPPS regulation to shift these services to general supervision would or would not affect this bill and CR/PR requirements. AACVPR will work with AHA, ACC, PCNA, AAPA, and other professional organizations this fall on passage of this bill.
- Site of Service bill: We continue to believe this is the most important legislative initiative AACVPR is currently undertaking, given increasing Congressional recommendations to remove grandfathered status for various aspects of hospital outpatient services. Legislative Counsel is writing the bill language, so we are encouraged that we will have a bill # to push this issue in the fall session.
- CMS CAG: AACVPR and NAMDRC had a meeting this week with CMS Coverage & Analysis Group (CAG wrote the CR/PR regulations) to discuss common confusion among providers, MACs, and auditors over some requirements. While no decisions were offered, our points are under consideration and we were optimistic that a need for more clarity is appropriate. This will be discussed in more detail at the MAC TF meeting in September.
- Board discussed that audits have been going back to 2015-2016
- All 36 visits have been denied for late physician signatures
- 2020 Proposed Regulations: The proposed hospital outpatient and physician fee schedule regulations are being reviewed and a summary of anything of relevance to CR and PR programs will be included in a soon-to-follow Health Policy & Reimbursement Update. Proposed payment rates for CR & PR in the hospital setting remain close to 2019 rates.
- The MAC TF/MRG meeting will be at the AACVPR conference, tentatively on Thursday, Sept. 19th. Time and location TBD. The meeting will not be recorded and most likely not be able to offer dial-in attendees. Teo will notify us of where and when this face-to-face meeting will be held, and an agenda will be circulated prior to travel to Portland.
- Tedd will attempt to sit in while at Nationals.
- Nominations—2020 positions
- KS Member at Large
- President Elect
- Certification—Carolyn Beard
- 665 applied, 394 passed, 241 accepted remediation
- Staff competencies and ITP were main denial reasons
- Value Based Care—Tedd Walsh
- No new information at this time
- Strategic Planning
- Board members are to review strategic plan before next meeting and bring back ideas to work on
- Waiting on AACVPR to see about reaching out to universities
- Embracing Technology—per Doug Raines, we would need to do our own filming
- Cassandra to check on details for YouTube Live
Board meeting: September 10, 2019 at 7am
Education meeting: October 7, 2019 at 12pm
Minutes submitted by Tiffanie Holman