MOKSACVPR Board Meeting / Strategic Planning Meeting
February 3, 2017
Attendees: Amy Choitz, Carolyn Beard, Tiffanie Holman, Tricia Walsh, Tedd Walsh, Snizhana Hostyanska, Leann Dickson
Meeting called to order at 1100 by President Amy Choitz
January 2017 meeting minutes approved
- Treasurer’s Report–Tricia Walsh
- Copy of current accounts provided
- Current Accounts
- Checking: $16,960.70
- Savings: $14,004.82
- 2016 taxes in done—Federal taxes need an updated address
- Carolyn will be filing tax exemption paperwork
- Approved to renew constant contact subscription for 6 months
- Tricia is working on budgets, including: Day on the Hill, Leadership conference, National Conference
- Education – Tedd Walsh (chair) and Carolyn Beard (co-chair)
- Spring Conference update
- Speakers are lined up at this time
- Hotel (Harrahs) and venue (North KC Hospital) secured
- Food selection in progress
- Signed vendor agreements will be available on Google Drive
- Will create “sponsor” page on website for vendor logos and remove from homepage
- Reviewed and edited LSI proposal. They will be a Diamond Exclusive Sponsor this year. We will make revisions as needed for upcoming conferences.
- Leann will contact ScottCare regarding level of sponsorship and explain LSI agreement.
- Review of other sponsors or possible sponsors
- 5K for MJ charity raffle
- Spring Conference update
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Carol Frazee
- Member of the Year: Dawnie Ellison
- Special Achievement: Amy Choitz
- Will run a scrolling announcement of awards at conference
- Will send a weblast for any other nominations
- Communications/Website – Snizhana
- Website is up
- Google drive will now be our storage for all documents. Access reviewed with group.
- Discussed opening Facebook page for members
- Standards & Issues – Debbie Dorshorst
- No updates at this time
- Day on the Hill—3/13-3/14—Debbie will not be able to attend. Snizhana and Erin Moerer will attend and cover MO and KS.
- Nominations—Amy Choitz
- Current open positions: Treasurer, MO Member at large, and President Elect
- President Elect: Amy Choitz
- Treasurer: Jennifer Newman
- MO Member at Large: Tricia Walsh
- President: Tedd Walsh beginning April 2017-April 2018—please add Tedd to any emails to Amy at this point to ease transition.
- Membership position will be removed and bylaws will be adjusted accordingly.
- Certification – Carolyn Beard
- Applications are being submitted thru February
- First certification meeting is scheduled for February 28
- Jennifer Newman is training to be AACVPR reviewer this year
- Summer conference
- Discussed having a summer conference in KS at a central location (Manhattan). We need to boost KS certifications. Currently KS holds 17 cardiac and 4 pulmonary certifications.
- 2018 Conference Sponsorship levels
- Diamond: >$1000—cover all expenses for speaker, hyperlink logo on website, lunch, and a full page ad at conference
- Platinum: $1000
- Gold: $750
- Silver: $500—receive table and lunch only
- March 15, 2018 deadline remains
- Jennifer has updated and will send via email
- AACVPR strategic plan reviewed
- Develop MOKS strategic plan document including goals and objectives
- National Affiliate Award application
- Amy sent application. Copy provided to board for review.
Next Board Meeting: March 9, 2017 at 0700
Minutes submitted by Tiffanie Holman