MOKSACVPR Board Meeting
January 13, 2017
Welcoming: as members of MOKSACVPR we strive to welcome all cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation professionals to become integral parts of our organization. Within our board and committee members we understand that it takes a team to accomplish the work that needs to be done. We look forward to new and progressive ideas and welcome change as our world and profession evolves.
Supportive: We support one another through knowledge sharing, encouragement and experience. It is our desire that each and every member of our organization can depend on us to be a reliable source for information and support.
Dedicated: The members of our organization demonstrate dedication and commitment through countless volunteer hours spent in working towards the objectives of MOKSACVPR. Within this dedication it is evident that all persons involved have a strong passion for the jobs that they do. We accept nothing less than loyalty in our ranks- we are true to each other and our profession.
Integrity: Professional. Reliable. Trustworthy. Honest. Our integrity is a critical asset and we are committed to uphold it. We set high standards, and we abide by them as we practice business fairly and behave ethically. We share our expectations with each other and strive to maintain an organization built on mutual values trust and goodwill.
Board Members Present:
Present: Amy Choitz, Carolyn Beard, Tiffanie Holman, Tricia Walsh, Snizhana Hostyanska
Meeting called to order at 7:00 a.m. by President Amy Choitz
December 2016 meeting minutes approved
- Treasurer’s Report–Tricia Walsh
- sent via email
- 2016 taxes in process
- Current Accounts
- Checking: $18,492.22
- Savings: $14,004.58
- Education – Tedd Walsh (chair) and Carolyn Beard (co-chair)
- Spring Conference update
- Speakers are lined up at this time
- Hotel and venue secured
- Food selection in progress
- Save the Date postcards are sent out, brochures coming
- 9 ½ CE hours for conference
- Agreed to order a couple of sample bags to decide if we should order. Bags are 500 bags for approximately $600-700. This should last several conferences.
- Spring Conference update
- Communications/Website – Snizhana
- Website is up
- Google mail for all email notifications and questions. Amy, Tricia, and Snizhana will be getting notifications. Currently, Amy will answer email questions and send out info / questions as needed.
- Amy will send log-in information to board members to be able to access documents on Google drive. Google drive will now be our storage for all documents.
- Maps are in process of being updated. Still having some difficulty zooming on facilities.
- Standards & Issues – Debbie Dorshorst
- No updates at this time
- Day on the Hill—3/13-3/14—Debbie is interested in going as MO member, Snizhana possibly interested in going as well.
- Nominations—Amy Choitz
- Current open positions: Treasurer, MO Member at large, and President Elect
- Jennifer has accepted treasurer position.
- Still need President Elect interest.
- Discuss at strategic meeting possibility of changing terms
- Certification – Carolyn Beard
- Applications are being submitted thru February
- National Affiliate Award application
- Do we want to apply? Amy will review again. Application is due by end of January
- We need a fellow member for required letter
- Strategic meeting
- February 3, 2017
- Location: North KC Hospital
Next Board Meeting: February 3, 2017 with Strategic meeting
Minutes submitted by Tiffanie Holman