MOKSACVPR Board Meeting
July 20, 2021
- Sandy Abbott, Carolyn Beard, Amy Choitz, Seth Donaldson, Tiffanie Holman, Sonny McNeilis, Cassandra Stafford, Tedd Walsh, Tricia Walsh
- Meeting called to order at 0700 by Amy Choitz
- June meeting minutes sent via email—Tricia made motion to approve, Carolyn seconded—passed unanimously
- Amy has email into to Teo for list of new members from AACVPR
- National Conference
- Tedd will be covered by AACVPR as a speaker
- Motion made by Carolyn to cover registration fees and 50% of hotel and air fee for both Sandy and Seth (education chairs). Tedd seconded. Passed unanimously.
- Amy will register attendees to receive group discount. She will need attendees AACVPR identification to register.
- Treasurer’s Report–Tricia Walsh
- Morgan Choitz paid for graphic design work on conference.
- AACVPR joint affiliate reimbursement received
- Constant Contact auto payment made.
- Financial Report:
- Reviewed with board
- Education—Seth Donaldson / Sandy Abbott
- Seth has been unable to reach new member, Tiffany
- Need Snizhana’s application
- In the future, all applications need to be submitted via website
- Seth is compiling list of board / committee members
- 2022 Conference
- April 1-2, 2022 at Graceland University
- Sandy working on hotel details
- Standards and Issues—Sonny McNeilis
- Congress will be out for summer. When they return in the fall, they will be working on healthcare package. Bills with most support will get the most attention.
- Seth working on video to encourage support / letters
- H.R. 3348—Allow payments under the Medicare program for certain items and services furnished by off-campus outpatient departments of a provider to be determined under the prospective payment system for hospital outpatient department services, and for other purposes
- 4 sponsors currently
- Encourage programs to send letters
- H.R. 1956—Effective January 1, 2024, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and clinical nurse specialists may also supervise these programs. The bill expedites the effective date of these changes to January 1, 2022, and also allows these practitioners to administer programs in their offices, prepare and sign treatment plans, and prescribe exercise.
- Encourage programs to send letter located on AACVPR website
- Letter posted to MOKS website
- 14 sponsors currently
- Communications—Cassandra Stafford
- Will post Seth’s video once available
- Having trouble accessing Constant Contact
- Cassandra and Amy will contact Lane for troubleshooting
- Certification—Carolyn Beard
- Remediation meeting this week.
- Value-Based Care—Tedd Walsh
- Tedd and Karen Edwards presenting at National Conference
- Meeting platforms:
- Can we get non-profit status?
- $7 / month / user
- Pro accommodates 100 people, no time limits, $150 / year
- Free has 40 min time limit
- Can video or call in for meeting
- Seth checking on getting generic log in or how that would work for us
- AT conference-Tricia
- Approximately $40 / month
- No video capability
Board meeting: August 16, 2021 at 0700
Education meeting: August 3, 2021 at 0700
Minutes submitted by Tiffanie Holman