MOKSACVPR Board Meeting
August 4, 2016
Welcoming: as members of MOKSACVPR we strive to welcome all cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation professionals to become integral parts of our organization. Within our board and committee members we understand that it takes a team to accomplish the work that needs to be done. We look forward to new and progressive ideas and welcome change as our world and profession evolves.
Supportive: We support one another through knowledge sharing, encouragement and experience. It is our desire that each and every member of our organization can depend on us to be a reliable source for information and support.
Dedicated: The members of our organization demonstrate dedication and commitment through countless volunteer hours spent in working towards the objectives of MOKSACVPR. Within this dedication it is evident that all persons involved have a strong passion for the jobs that they do. We accept nothing less than loyalty in our ranks- we are true to each other and our profession.
Integrity: Professional. Reliable. Trustworthy. Honest. Our integrity is a critical asset and we are committed to uphold it. We set high standards, and we abide by them as we practice business fairly and behave ethically. We share our expectations with each other and strive to maintain an organization built on mutual values trust and goodwill.
Board Members Present:
Present: Amy Choitz, Carolyn Beard, Tedd Walsh, Snizhana Hostyanska, Tiffanie Holman, Debbie Dorshorst
Meeting called to order at 7:00 a.m. by President Amy Choitz
Approval of June 2016 meeting minutes via email
- Treasurer’s Report(Tricia Walsh) – send via email
- Current Accounts
- Checking: $19,483.65
- Savings: $14,003.40
- Costs: Mark Stout’ airfare, board members travel expense, food
- Revenue: 31 paying attendees $50=$1550.00
- Bottom Line: unknown until everything is paid
- Current Accounts
- Request from AACVPR for $1500 sponsorship
- Tedd moved to approve $750; Amy seconded the motion and was unanimously approved.
- Conference expense for president:
- Amy had a credit to use for airfare from the Chicago trip, the hotel is paid by Hays Medical, and MOKS will pay the conference and other expenses.
- Education – Tedd Walsh (chair) and Carolyn Beard (co-chair)
- Workshop follow up:
- Carolyn reported a good turn out around 40+ attendees, good comments, was not money maker but was very informative.
- Simplifying CEU process for KS nurses:
- Previously discussed that we wanted to apply for credits so attendees would not have to do it individually.
- Workshop follow up:
- Communications/Website – Snizhana
- Snizhana will send out her and Amy’s contact information for those attending national conference. Snizhana uses Constant Contact for Weblasts. Will use that list when we merge the new website.
- Committee decided to utilize Lane Patterson. $500 setup, $25/hr, $60/month
- Amy is going to finalize website contract and send out for approval. She will then show it to Lane for signature so we can get on with build.
- Membership list:
- AACVPR members-to current MOKSACVPR website—Snizhana reported we have 189 joint members, 38 new, 372 that are on the list to continue to send weblasts.
- New membership information should be coming soon.
- Standards & Issues – Debbie Dorshorst
- Deb listened in on the MAC resource group meeting 8/2/16. 12 MAC representatives. The goal was to make contact with the Medical Director. Our MAC director still is a “pistol” to work with. WPS is up for contract renewal in 2017. One of the other MAC directors is so easy to get along with he is speaking at the National conference. We talked about the Pulmonary ITP being signed before the next patient visit.
- Nominations—Amy Choitz
- Jennifer Newman—currently on education committee
- Greg Thackery (Boone)—interested in MO member at large
- New nomination chair—decided Amy is doing a great job and will continue
- AACVPR attachment regarding distinguishing qualities of great volunteers
- Please read and let Amy know if you know someone
- Certification –Carolyn Beard
- Getting ready to start remediation
New Business: See Committee Reports
- Follow up from Chicago leadership conference
- Conflict of interest statement for board in bylaws
- Strategic Planning
- AACVPR example sent via email
- Tedd is going to modify for MOKS and send out
Next Board Meeting: September 15, 2016
Adjourn: 8:00 a.m.
Minutes submitted by Tiffanie Holman