MOKSACVPR Board Meeting
September 15, 2016
Welcoming: as members of MOKSACVPR we strive to welcome all cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation professionals to become integral parts of our organization. Within our board and committee members we understand that it takes a team to accomplish the work that needs to be done. We look forward to new and progressive ideas and welcome change as our world and profession evolves.
Supportive: We support one another through knowledge sharing, encouragement and experience. It is our desire that each and every member of our organization can depend on us to be a reliable source for information and support.
Dedicated: The members of our organization demonstrate dedication and commitment through countless volunteer hours spent in working towards the objectives of MOKSACVPR. Within this dedication it is evident that all persons involved have a strong passion for the jobs that they do. We accept nothing less than loyalty in our ranks- we are true to each other and our profession.
Integrity: Professional. Reliable. Trustworthy. Honest. Our integrity is a critical asset and we are committed to uphold it. We set high standards, and we abide by them as we practice business fairly and behave ethically. We share our expectations with each other and strive to maintain an organization built on mutual values trust and goodwill.
Board Members Present:
Present: Amy Choitz, Carolyn Beard, Tedd Walsh, Snizhana Hostyanska, Tiffanie Holman, LeAnn Dickson
Meeting called to order at 7:00 a.m. by President Amy Choitz
August 2016 meeting minutes approved
- Treasurer’s Report–Tricia Walsh
- sent via email
- Current Accounts
- Checking: $15,782.76
- Savings: $14,003.64
- Costs: travel, catering
- Education – Tedd Walsh (chair) and Carolyn Beard (co-chair)
- Spring Conference
- Committee is looking for a venue at this time. Brookside is closed for construction
- Still seeking speakers / topics. Members would like to see “Back to Basics”.
- Next committee meeting 10/6/16
- Simplifying CEU process for KS nurses:
- Previously discussed that we wanted to apply for credits so attendees would not have to do it individually. Amy will inquire about what the next step is and if this is possible.
- Spring Conference
- Communications/Website – Snizhana
- Weblast will be sent to members when new website is ready.
- Committee decided to utilize Lane Patterson. $500 setup, $25/hr, $60/month.
- Contract signed and complete. (Revisions: See Old Business)
- Membership list:
- AACVPR members-to current MOKSACVPR website
- Standards & Issues – Debbie Dorshorst
- No update at this time
- Nominations—Amy Choitz
- Member of the Year nominations
- Certification – Carolyn Beard
- Remediations continue
- 614 applications this year (355 passed, 249 remediated, 10 denied)
- National meeting follow-up
- Bundled payments coming 2017—Amy will email Andrew Miller for a contact regarding bundled payments.
- R2R—Roadmap to Reform
- 2018 AACVPR changes to outcomes / tools
- Board planning meeting—February 3, 2017 in Kansas City
- A secure Facebook account is now setup.
- Conflict of interest statement for board in bylaws
- Sent via email—members need to sign and email back to Tiffanie for filing
- Website Development:
- Looking into using Wild Apricot to help setup new website with the security features we need. Lane will setup a demo with a trial version for our approval—possibly by 9/22/16. Lane will still help maintain website for $25 / hour as needed only.
- Will need to make revisions to previous contract with Lane
- Demo viewing information will be sent via email
Next Board Meeting: October 13, 2016
Minutes submitted by Tiffanie Holman