MOKSACVPR Board Meeting
October 13, 2016
Welcoming: as members of MOKSACVPR we strive to welcome all cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation professionals to become integral parts of our organization. Within our board and committee members we understand that it takes a team to accomplish the work that needs to be done. We look forward to new and progressive ideas and welcome change as our world and profession evolves.
Supportive: We support one another through knowledge sharing, encouragement and experience. It is our desire that each and every member of our organization can depend on us to be a reliable source for information and support.
Dedicated: The members of our organization demonstrate dedication and commitment through countless volunteer hours spent in working towards the objectives of MOKSACVPR. Within this dedication it is evident that all persons involved have a strong passion for the jobs that they do. We accept nothing less than loyalty in our ranks- we are true to each other and our profession.
Integrity: Professional. Reliable. Trustworthy. Honest. Our integrity is a critical asset and we are committed to uphold it. We set high standards, and we abide by them as we practice business fairly and behave ethically. We share our expectations with each other and strive to maintain an organization built on mutual values trust and goodwill.
Board Members Present:
Present: Amy Choitz, Carolyn Beard, Tiffanie Holman, LeAnn Dickson, Tricia Walsh, Debra Dorshorst
Meeting called to order at 7:00 a.m. by President Amy Choitz
September 2016 meeting minutes approved
- Treasurer’s Report–Tricia Walsh
- sent via email
- Current Accounts
- Checking: $15,570.59
- Savings: $14,003.87
- Budget outline in process
- Education – Tedd Walsh (chair) and Carolyn Beard (co-chair)
- Spring Conference
- Committee is looking for a venue at this time. Tricia is going to contact KU Med Center for possibilities at their facility.
- Conference theme will be “Back to Basics” and at this time, Dr. Carl King will speak
- Vendor information:
- Vendor agreement last updated in 2015.
- Agreed to keep vendor pricing the same and continue to focus on increasing the number of vendors available to cover the cost of paying for a facility.
- What incentives do vendors get at each level?
- Contact past vendors
- Spring Conference
- Communications/Website – Snizhana
- Approx. 10 membership renewals following last weblast
- Content to include: 2015-2016 meeting minutes, bylaws, culture statement
- Standards & Issues – Debbie Dorshorst
- Janie Knipper reports that AACVPR will be holding quarterly conference calls
- Nominations—Amy Choitz
- Current open positions: Treasurer and President Elect
- Certification – Carolyn Beard
- All remediations passed
- Certifications complete until new cycle begins in December
- Day of the Hill—3/13/17-3/14/17
- Update board member contact list—sent via email
- Conflict of interest statements
- All statements will be downloaded in the cloud for storing
- Payment Bundling
- AMI / CABG bundling will begin 2017.
- Unknown what facilities has been chosen for testing
Next Board Meeting: November 10, 2016 at 7am
Minutes submitted by Tiffanie Holman