MOKSACVPR Board Meeting
November 10, 2016
Welcoming: as members of MOKSACVPR we strive to welcome all cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation professionals to become integral parts of our organization. Within our board and committee members we understand that it takes a team to accomplish the work that needs to be done. We look forward to new and progressive ideas and welcome change as our world and profession evolves.
Supportive: We support one another through knowledge sharing, encouragement and experience. It is our desire that each and every member of our organization can depend on us to be a reliable source for information and support.
Dedicated: The members of our organization demonstrate dedication and commitment through countless volunteer hours spent in working towards the objectives of MOKSACVPR. Within this dedication it is evident that all persons involved have a strong passion for the jobs that they do. We accept nothing less than loyalty in our ranks- we are true to each other and our profession.
Integrity: Professional. Reliable. Trustworthy. Honest. Our integrity is a critical asset and we are committed to uphold it. We set high standards, and we abide by them as we practice business fairly and behave ethically. We share our expectations with each other and strive to maintain an organization built on mutual values trust and goodwill.
Board Members Present:
Present: Amy Choitz, Carolyn Beard, Tiffanie Holman, LeAnn Dickson, Tricia Walsh, Debra Dorshorst, Snizhana Hostyanska
Meeting called to order at 7:00 a.m. by President Amy Choitz
October 2016 meeting minutes approved
- Treasurer’s Report–Tricia Walsh
- sent via email
- Current Accounts
- Checking: $15,440.32
- Savings: $14,004.11
- AACVPR installments D/T miscalculations
- Review conference budget: “Board Members Expenses” is likely to increase, “Giveaways” increase to $500, change “Name Badges” to sticker form and decrease expense, “Printing, Tables/Chair Expenses” should decrease this conference.
- Unanimous vote by all board members for $10 increase in all 2017 conference fees:
- Early member–$110
- Early non-member–$140
- Regular member–$140
- Regular non-member–$170
- Late member–$170
- Late non-member–$200
- Education – Tedd Walsh (chair) and Carolyn Beard (co-chair)
- Spring Conference update
- Committee is looking for a venue at this time. Visiting Avola and St. Joseph in the next week. Avola details send via email to members.
- Conference theme will be “Back to Basics”
- Tentative agenda sent via email
- Vendors and speakers being contacted at this time. Agreements are being sent out.
- Discussed Kirsten Angel to speak about diabetic education / diet
- Spring Conference update
- Communications/Website – Snizhana
- AACVPR does not want information going out to non-members. Can send more vague messages to non-members.
- Weblasts for Member of the year candidate nominations
- After nominations collected, votes will be sent thru constant contact and members can post vote and message Snizhana for tallying
- Would like to have this done before conference, possibly January
- Ready to go live with new website. We need to update facility listing for the map and integration with constant contact.
- Standards & Issues – Debbie Dorshorst
- Clarification on treatment plan: Dr signature on initial ITP is to be done after 1st visit / 6-min walk and before treatment sessions begin
- Nominations—Amy Choitz
- Current open positions: Treasurer, MO Member at large, and President Elect
- Application sent via email to board. Will utilize weblast as well.
- Discussed asking Snizhana to take President Elect position.
- Tricia spoke with Jennifer Newman about Treasurer position and application was sent to her
- Several possibilities for MO member at large
- Certification – Carolyn Beard
- None—Re-opens December 2, 2016
- Invite Greg, Jennifer, and other possible position interests to February meeting
- Conflict of interest statements
- Still need signed statements from Tricia, Snizhana, and Leann
- Can send signed statement to Tiffanie or Amy
Next Board Meeting: December 8, 2016 at 7am
Minutes submitted by Tiffanie Holman