MOKSACVPR Board Meeting
June 9, 2016
Present: Amy Choitz, LeAnn Dickson, Carolyn Beard, Tricia Walsh, Tedd Walsh, Snizhana Hostyanska, Tiffanie Holman, Debbie Dorshorst
- Meeting called to order at 7:00 a.m. by President Amy Choitz
Approval of April 2016 meeting minutes
- Treasurer’s Report(Tricia Walsh) – approved as submitted
- Spreadsheet including current accounts has been sent via email to board members
- In process of developing yearly budget
- Education – Tedd Walsh (chair) and Carolyn Beard (co-chair)
- ITP conference
- July 8
- 1130-1300 Mark Stout speaking with breakout sessions to follow
- Breakout sessions will include: Monitoring systems (ScottCare, Mortara, LSI) and EMR (Meditech, Cerner, EPIC)
- ITP conference
- Food with consist of sandwich with 4 healthy sides choices
- Conflict of interest forms will be sent via email as required
- Weblasts have been sent regarding conference
- Next education meeting June 14th at 0700
- Communications/Website – Snizhana
- Committee: Carolyn, Amy, Leann, Snizhana, Tedd, Tricia, Deb D., Carol F.
- Amy Choitz: Lane Patterson, EP/Web Developer demo-done on 5/26/16
- Majority response from the website committee confirming they are comfortable going with Lane as our developer. Majority response from board members confirming Lane as developer.
- Would like to develop a contract for support, cost, time, etc.
- I asked Lane about the transition time: The transition time is fairly quick. Once the domain name is transferred to my registrar (can take up to 72hrs) the website will be live. However, to make it quicker we can point the DNS servers to mine which will point users to the new website even before the domain name is transferred. All I would need to do is speak with your current hosting service to get things rolling.
(Continued) In the meantime, I think your board should go onto the current website and provide me with the content you would like to be visible on the new website and then also the content that only members can access. I am also waiting to hear back on how Michigan’s chapter coordinates their website with AACVPR’s national website. I do think it will be difficult to combine the hosting application I use with membersuite so users can use one login. I can however, probably set it up so users can login with Facebook/Google/etc so that they don’t need to create a new username and password but rather have the option to use one they already use with another service. Board decision: Conference handouts should be available to conference attendee only. Otherwise, all other document open for members.
- Weblasts going out for membership expirations.
- Intern is contacting Kansas programs that have not responded to survey https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/R7YCV7T
- Standards & Issues – Debbie Dorshorst
- Janie Knipper attended conference on June 2 with the WPS Medical Review management staff and the J5 Medical Director, Cheryl Ray. J8 Medical Director, Dr. Noel was not available for conference.
- Janie will follow-up with questions and concerns we have at conference.
- Nominations—Amy Choitz
- Jennifer Newman—active now on education committee
- Greg Thackery—active now on education committee
- Currently working on remediation applications thru October
Next Board Meeting: July 14, 2016 at 7:00 a.m.
Adjourn: 8:00 a.m.
Minutes submitted by Tiffanie Holman