Posted on

May 8, 2018 Board Meeting Minutes

MOKSACVPR Board Meeting

May 8, 2018

Attendees: Sandy Abbott, Carolyn Beard, Amy Choitz, Leann Dickson, Tiffanie Holman, Loretta, Thomas, Tedd Walsh, Tricia Walsh


Meeting called to order at 0700 by President Amy Choitz

April 2017 meeting minutes approved unanimously

Committee Reports:

  • Treasurer’s Report–Jennifer Newman

    • No update at this time

  • Education –Carolyn Beard / Tedd Walsh

    • Spring Conference

      • Conference evaluations in process

      • Negatives—distance from vendors, networking in bar was noisy, Rich Sukeena was dry, pulmonary vendor stated there is not enough pulmonary education for them to be a vendor

      • Positives—Keteyian was a favorite, a lot of positive comments

      • Next conference we will have speaker agreement with handout format outlined and encourage speakers to label talks to which program they apply (cardiac, pulmonary, PAD, etc.)

  • Roadshow

    • In place of summer conference, board members take information to different areas of KS and MO and hold small group sessions.

    • Details will be worked on in education committee meeting

  • Applications for education committee

    • Those who are not currently on board will need to fill out application to continue of education committee.

      • Weblast and Facebook reminders will be sent out

  • Communications/Website – Amy Choitz / Tricia Walsh

    • Website

      • Amy will update website with conference pictures and update new board members

  • Communication

    • Tricia made a motion to purchase MOKSACVPR stationary / letterhead for communication purposes. Motion passed unanimously.

  • Standards & Issues – Leann Dickson / Debbie Dorshorst

    • AACVPR sent out incorrect information regarding Cardiac Rehab location. They have corrected this error.

    • Leann will speak with Debbie to get MAC meeting information

  • Nominations—Tricia Walsh

    • 2019 positions—President Elect, Treasurer

  • Certification – Carolyn Beard

    • 5/15/18 is deadline for all reviews to be complete

Old Business:

  • St. Louis area interaction

    • Tricia spoke with Ketayian and Sukeena regarding pulling St Louis in. They mentioned inviting St Louis president to go with our leaders to leadership conference and possibly offer financial support–Board declined.

    • Other ideas—send our leadership to St Louis conference, invite a couple of their members to our conference for free

    • Carolyn will talk to Nancy Houlihan about who to contact in St Louis area and if she has any ideas about how to reach out to them

    • Tricia will speak with Dallas to see if he has any St Louis contact info

  • Strategic Plan–ongoing

New Business

  • Chicago Leadership conference

    • Amy and Tedd will attend

Next Board Meeting: June 12, 2018 @ 7am

Next Education Meeting: June 5, 2018 @ 7am

Minutes submitted by Tiffanie Holman